Monday, February 7, 2011

Masquerade Ball Gowns

Quite a funny film

The room was in the back of a cafe on the square. I followed my father to the counter, where he exchanged some words with the bartender. In part, at the time, you could smoke, and the atmosphere was heavy volutes. Despite this, the atmosphere was friendly, I remember the light of the place. Tables where people were talking, playing cards or sipping a half. The sound of glasses being clinked glasses, color faded tiles and mirrors along the walls. Then we went to the back and the world changed:

A day cinema has disappeared, crimson seats facing a screen from the top of my 8 years, perhaps, seemed giant. A musty smell may also be popcorn, and soft lighting, almost disturbing. Nobody in the room, except my father, me and my brother. We settled down in the middle, waiting for the moment when everything darkened, and leaves room for a magical moment. The first film I saw at the cinema has never been erased in my memory by all who have followed since. It was a magical moment, special, wonderful. We went to see Disney. Lady and the Tramp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment